AVG Internet Security – Good or Bad?

AVG Internet Security - Good or Bad?

AVG Internet Security is one of the most popular AVG antivirus edition. Since the company bow belongs to Avast, the software has started using its anti-malware engines. Other quality improvements have been added, too. However, it’s still unclear how good is AVG Internet Security https://antivirus-review.com/avg-antivirus-review. Let’s review the main aspects to get more insights into the program.

Comprehensive review of the main aspects

Evaluating any antivirus, most experts and users pay attention to several aspects. First of all, it’s significant to know how convenient it is, what features it offers, and how well it can shield the devices/data from malware. Aside from that, everyone looks for price tags as they are often the most crucial details. So, let’s review AVG Internet Security using those aspects and discuss the installation process, user-friendliness, protection, features, pricing policy, and customer support.

Installation simplicity

AVG Internet Security has a lightweight installation file. It’s easy to download it from the official website. Once a user unpacks it, the installation will finish in no time. Such a simple approach is one of the reasons why many users prefer this software.

User-friendliness

The program has a very simple and straightforward interface. There are five main modules, namely: Computer, Web & Email, Hacker Attacks, Privacy, and Payments. Using them, users can quickly access any scan, feature, or tool. Moreover, the main window already has a scan button. It’s a convenient addition that allows launching a scan immediately.

Protection

The abundance of features and Avast anti-malware engines secure good results. While there is room for improvement, the tests show decent scores. AVG Internet Security detects 98% of threats. On the other hand, the other 2% could be a decision-making factor for many people.

Features

Premium bundle delivers numerous extras to add additional protection layers. For instance, users receive download monitoring, email safety, ransomware protection, a safe browser (with a password manager, privacy cleaner, and ad blocker), webcam protection, a firewall, encryption tools, etc.

Pricing

The best thing about this edition is that a user can use it for free. The company offers a free edition. It’s limited in features but still available. Users may upgrade to a premium subscription and receive all the tools and features that will protect their computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. 

Customer support

With AVG, users may reach out to the support team anytime. The site offers 24/7 live chat support. There is also a comprehensive collection of useful articles and answers to the most common questions. One may purchase premium support just like in Avast, but it costs around $200 per year.

Conclusion

All in all, AVG Internet Security is a decent choice, especially for inexperienced users who have difficulties with complicated advanced antivirus programs. It’s an affordable solution that detects most threats and delivers extra features for better protection. There are no denying obvious downsides. However, they could be insignificant for some. Give it a try to know for sure.

No votes yet.
Please wait...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *